Toddler is having hard immobile lump between eyebrow. Is this normal?

Pediatrician
Question
My 6 month old baby has a hard immobile pea sized lump in between her eye brows. Is this normal? Could it just be a bone malformation?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 34 minutes later

Would like to know a few more things.
Was the lump there since the time of birth?
Has it appeared recently ?
Has it increased over few months?
Is it painful?
Was there any kind of trauma you are aware of?

If its hard then most probably it could be a prominence of bone or if it has appeared recently then could be some hematoma which will resolve with time.

Do write back with more information.

Follow-up: Toddler is having hard immobile lump between eyebrow. Is this normal? 1 hour later
No trauma or bruising. I'm not sure if it has been there since birth. She is chubby snd its not noticeable. I can see it now that I know its there but if i hadnt felt it I wouldn't know. It doesn't seem painful. She doesnt respond when i touch it.

Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 37 minutes later

If its not painful and feels hard then most probably it's a bony prominence or sutures (where 2 bones join) prominence.

At this stage we will just need to keep a watch on its progression in size .
Mostly it will disappear as time passes and as facial bones become stronger and harder.

Hope to have answered your query
God bless

Follow-up: Toddler is having hard immobile lump between eyebrow. Is this normal? 4 hours later
Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 1 hour later
You are welcome.

Do get in touch with further queries in future.

Bye