Toddler is having fever. Given crocin drop. Started crying and has bloated stomach. Any suggestion?

my 7 month old baby was reeling under fever . i gave him 0.4 ml of crocin drops,it caused fever to get down, but after 3 hours his stomach became bloated and baby started crying under pain, it is 12 PM , so we r unable to visit a doctor, please guide me. please suggest some home treatment till we wisit the doctor in morning.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 35 minutes later

The pain your kid is suffering from could be due to flatulence. A better treatment for such pains is with Simethicone syrup.

But for now i shall advice some effective home remedies which will surely help.

1) Salt water, a pinch of salt in 50 ml of water should be given to your child first, this by osmotic drive maintains the liquidity of the stools and relaxes the intestines.

2) Ginger crushed and the juice extracted should be mixed with a pinch of baking soda in a tumbler of warm water and given sip by sip over 10 minutes.

3) Warm a cloth in a microwave or a heating pad and put on your child's stomach. This relaxes the spasms causing pain.

4) Do not feed the baby with any solid food for atleast 6 hours from now. Do give soups or mashed vegetables as food.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.