Toddler has stomach ache, gas formation and loose stool. Diagnosed with acid reflux. Proper cure?

My newborn screams with stomache aches and is now tired, barely eating, and bad gas followed with loose stool as he passes it...Doctors told me acid reflux but Im doubting the diagnosis?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later

Relax, do not worry. I understand your concern.

Baby is having colic which is seen in 30 to 40% of babies and it usually starts at age of 3 to 4 weeks and settles by age of 3 to 4 months.
It is a benign and self limiting condition.

Continue with breast feeding, mother should avoid gas forming food items in her diet.

Regarding loose stools; i suggest you to give probiotic like lactobacillus XXXXXXX for 2 to 3 days.
Monitor his urine output, feeding pattern and activity.

In case of colic;
-Keep baby in prone position as it helps in expulsion of gases but baby should not be left unattended.
-Gently massage over his tummy in circular manner starting from right lower -right up-left up-left down.
-In case symptoms persist neopeptine drops can be given after consultation with doctor.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be gland to help.
Wishing your baby good health.

God bless!!