Tinnitus and ear crackling in left ear. Had traumatic perforation. Audiogram was normal. Advice

ENT Specialist
I am having tinnitus and ear crackling in my left ear. it all resulted by loud noise and blow to the ear four months back I had a perforation which got healed in two weeks then.. I consulted an Ent initially and also recently under went audogram and hearing seems to be all fine.. please do let me know by when can my ears be all fine?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer: About 6 month Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Healing of traumatic perforation of tympanic membrane takes about 2 to 3 months. However symptoms completely resolve in about 6 months because it take more time to reach near the original situation. There if symptoms are gradually improving then there is no need to worry. I personally advised multivitamins, steam inhalation and alprazolam 0.25 mg for faster recovery in such cases. If hearing is normal in your audiogram then it rule out the ossicular disruption. You can discuss with your ENT surgeon about the aforementioned medications. Hope this answers your query. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Regards