Tingling sensation and intermittent pain in shoulder. Having pain in armpit, radiating till shoulder. Concerned?

I have tingling in my back, probably for about 2 years now. I have had intermittent pain in my right shoulder, for about that long. Now, for about 2 months, I have had pain in my right armpit. Sometimes the pain radiates into the shoulder, sometimes below my shoulder blade on the right side, sometimes it aches down my arm. But, I notice I have pain in my armpit during the day, generally when I lift my arm or move it behind me. It is a quick pain, not very bad really, but I am concerned about it. I am 59 years old.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

It seems like you probably are putting much strain on your right shoulder and the right armpit. There is a possibility of lymphatic flow blockade that is causing the pain as well. You have put strain on the muscles, joints around the right shoulder and the right armpit. That is why these symptoms.

The tingling in your back could also be related to this. However, it seems like you have had it for about 2 years now.

I am glad that it does not hurt badly. You must rest your right arm completely. Do not lift medium to heavy weights from your right hand. You can carry lightweights.

Apply ice compresses locally. Doing a good physiotherapy exercise like arm rotation and shoulder rotation will help you get relief from lymphatic blockade if any.

For the tingling in the back, take Methycobalamine or Neurobion supplement that is good for the nerves.

You should recover soon. Else, you may want to consult your primary care physician after 2 weeks.

I hope this helps you.

Get well soon.