Tingling, numbness, folliculitis, alopecia, acid reflux, muscle spasms, hairy tongue. Tests have not detected anything.

Oncologist
Question
I will make that question, trying to be clear, exams and symptoms. 41 days after the accident - Elisa 3rd generation and Meia 3rd generation negative. 137 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0.11). 205 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,20). 256 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,08). 277 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,07). 286 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,16). 301 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,14). 383 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,15). 424 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,19). 452 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,09). 476 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,11). 509 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,10). 536 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,20). 550 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,17). 570 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,08). 595 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off (0,25).621 days after - Eclia 4th generation negative cut off(0,22).647 days after - Cmia 4th generation negative cut off (0,10). Thanks God. Anti hiv tests, done in four different laboratories. Tests with simultaneous detection of antibodies hiv 1 (group M and group O) and hiv 2, and p24 antigen. 538 days after - Qualitative PCR in real time, limit 50 IU / ml of DNA / RNA. Conclusion: The genetic material of HIV-1 and HIV-2 was not detected in sample. 258 days - Hepatitis C and B negative. 271 days - CMV and EBV IgG reagents. 271 days - 832 CD4, 41%, ratio 1.2. 271 days - 1230 immunoglobulin IgG, IgM 79. 364 days - 800 CD4, 39%, ratio 1.1. 364 days - HTLV negative and Hepatitis C negative. 424 days - CD4 788, 40.6%, ratio 1.3. 437 days - C-reactive protein - 0.13. 550 days - immunoglobulin IgG 1131 , IgA 193 , CD4 1091 , 41,1%, ratio 1,3 , CD19 393 , 14,6%. Symptoms - tingling and numbness in the extremities, excessive cold feet, trembling limbs, lots of folliculitis on the legs and back a bit, alopecia areata, penile candida, acid reflux,dry skin,muscle spasms, hairy tongue. These symptoms accompany me after the accident and are persistent. It is possible many modern tests, have not detected anything? And now appeared to me a bacterial tonsillitis.Thanks. Stay with God. Sorry my English, I'm from Brazil.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what are going on.

Let me start by saying that I am very confident that you do not have HIV or hepatitis. The symptoms you are experiencing simply are not specific for these illnesses. In addition you have had an extensive laboratory workup to confirm the fact that you are negative for these viruses.

You have a healthy immune system and a healthy degree of immunoglobulin levels. There is no reason to suggest that you have some type of autoimmune disorder. You do have some symptoms however which I am sure are bothersome. It is important for your doctor to sit down with you and work on finding out ways in order for you to feel better. I think a lot of your symptoms may have a psychological origin.

Regarding tonsillitis even the healthiest of people get tonsillitis from time to time. Regarding the folliculitis and shaking of the legs again please do not indicate that you have some type of disorder. These are simply ailments which come and go from time to time in you healthy patients.

I suspect that you may not be living a very healthy lifestyle including diet and exercise. It is extremely important that you eat a very well-balanced diet and that you exercise at least one hour per day five days per week.

Penile Candida is also relatively common and will very easily respond to treatment with a topical cream. I think in your case it is extremely important for you to visit with a nutritionist also to review your diet. You might also see a physical trainer to make sure you're going adequate exercise in order to help improve your at degree of anxiety and stress.

Again I appreciate the degree of anxiety you have about what is going on and I am very confident that you do not have any chronic or life-threatening condition going on. I really want to stress the importance of seeing your doctor for a general health check and not to focus on this exposure what you had so long ago. Finally I think you really should visit with a nutritionist and physical trainer to focus on a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Again I thank you for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert

Follow-up: Tingling, numbness, folliculitis, alopecia, acid reflux, muscle spasms, hairy tongue. Tests have not detected anything. 1 hour later
Thank you Dr, actually my biggest concern is with the hiv. Doctors here say that the window is 3 months. I did several tests long after that, including PCR, reputable laboratory tests here, also renowned tests (Abbott, Roche, ...), I still run that risk? Regarding the emotional part, was very upset during this time. Hugs.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 minutes later
Hello again.

The PCR test is a very reliable and very sensitive test in detecting the HIV virus. Let me again say that I am 100% confident that you do not have the HIV virus.

You no longer have a risk of developing HIV related to this exposure in the past. Please try to remind yourself of this.

I think right now it is very important for you to focus on taking care of your body and your health. As I mentioned before a good diet and exercise regimen is the key starting point and helping you feel better both mentally and physically.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be reassuring and helpful. If you have any additional concerns please let me know otherwise please accept my answer.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert