Tightness in upper stomach below the lungs. X-ray, blood test came fine. Could it be a major disease?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i feel a feeling of tightness in the left portion of my upper stomach just below the lungs, i did a chest xray and it was fine also blood tests done were fine, when i eat more sometimes then it becomes absolutely tight and lot of gas pass through the body, what could the reason for this, i am worried a lot, i am non diabetic, non hypertensive, is it a major disease.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
It sounds like stomach issue. All this is caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. These disorders can cause such difficulties and you should do gastroscopy to evaluate this. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.
Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise.

Secondly, there are antiacid medicines which are usually helpful,you should consult your GP about this. If symptoms persist,you should do gastroscopy and stomach biopsy to verify is there helicobacter pylori infection which can be treated then.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Tightness in upper stomach below the lungs. X-ray, blood test came fine. Could it be a major disease? 7 minutes later
Does this have any sort of threat to life.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 16 minutes later
Of course not. Many people feels the same,especailly in young who are under stress and have no time for healthy dietary. This isnt serious but symptoms can be unpleasant and annoying. If you follow my recommendations you will feel better definitely.
Consult your GP and you will get medicines which you ll have to take before meal. These medicines will help that your stomach mucosa recover.
Wish you good health.