Thyriodperoidase was high. Have total thyriodectomy 1990. TSH low thyriod perx high.

XXXXXXX postive 1:320 today & last week 1:160 , thyriodperoidase was high could that make my XXXXXXX postive? Had total thyriodectomy 1990 my tsh low thyriod perx high
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes can be a possibilty.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that since your anti TPO antibodies are high and XXXXXXX is 1:320 positive it is a definite indication that some autoimmune process is going on . All the autoimmune diseases are somehow interrelated to each other .

Thus there definitely exists a possibility that your XXXXXXX can be positive due to your autoantibodies against thyroid. May be you had autoimmune thyroididitis at some point . Plus the pattern is speckled which is very non specific and can be positive . I would advise you to get an ENA Profile done which can throw some light over this . But since you have no symptoms like oral ulceration , photosensitivity , rash etc . the likelihood of lupus is very less.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Thyriodperoidase was high. Have total thyriodectomy 1990. TSH low thyriod perx high. 2 hours later
Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Its a pleasure if my advise is of any help to you.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti