Throat pain on sneezing, difficulty swallowing. Causes and treatment?

When I sneeze my throat hurts and then it is hard to swallow what's up with this?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 17 minutes later

From your described symptoms, it is most likely that you are suffering from Pharyngitis, which is nothing but infection of the throat.

I recommend you to get yourself examined by an ENT specialist for the same.
In the mean time, you can do the following for a faster recovery.

1. Avoid cold, spicy and oily food.
2. Avoid milk products like cheese, curd, butter.
3. Gargle your throat 3 times a day with warm (not hot) salt water, you can also get yourself betadine gargle but some patients don't like the taste.
4. Watch out for fever and cough with sputum.
5. Watch out for change of voice.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Throat pain on sneezing, difficulty swallowing. Causes and treatment? 13 hours later
Its not like sore; it is like pain not sharp bu it and has moved from lower throat top like upper ? Iit feels swollen
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later

Thanks for reverting to me.

Infection of the pharynx need not always feel sore, sometimes it is pricky, burning, itchy or dull aching.

If you are feeling it has moved up, then it is because the infection has spread and since you are also feeling a swelling, probably it has involved the uvula and the tonsils.

Please follow the advice I have given in my previous reply. It will certainly help you recover faster. Consult ENT specialist in case no relief. You may need antibiotics for treating the same.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer of you have no further queries.

I wish you a speedy recovery.