Throat dryness during cold season, loss of voice, tightness. Causes and treatment?

Hi Doctor,
i am facing some problem with my throat,the problem is some time i am getting difficult to talk that time i feel too much dryness in my throught,mostly its happening while cold time .i consulted doctror but they cant find anything.i am feeling tighteness in my throat,pls help
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later

You are a 32 year old male with dryness in throat with a feeling of tightness and difficulty in talking.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better.

1. Are you a smoker?
2. Are you taking any drugs especially for allergy?
3. Are you overweight? Please mention your weight.
4. Is dryness generalized?

Dryness can be due to many causes like thyroid deficiency (if you are overweight) especially since it is increasing when it is cold, smoking, some anti allergic drugs, diuretics, and other uncommon diseases.

Please answer my queries, so that I can help you better.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Throat dryness during cold season, loss of voice, tightness. Causes and treatment? 17 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply,i am not a smoker and i am not an overweight person
(74 kg),currently some time i am having madicine for allergy when it comes (i am allegic of house dest when allergy comes some redish color coming on my body here there that time i am using madice next day it goes)but this dryness strarted befoe i using this madice ,i was in gulf last 6 years from there only it started ,but after come back to india it was not there for last 5 months recently started again.something i feel in my throut weight or dryness or something not a serious level,but it irritates pls help
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 10 minutes later

Thanks for answering my questions.

Try to avoid anti allergic drugs for a while, drink plenty of water, suck some lemon or orange lozenges.

The symptoms you present could be due to gastritis/hyperacidity. Get yourself evaluated for the same if you have any such symptoms.

I think these measures should help. Otherwise do get your thyroid functions checked once under your physician's guidance.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Throat dryness during cold season, loss of voice, tightness. Causes and treatment? 32 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I will follow your instructions ,will update you later
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 51 minutes later

You are welcome.

I hope I have been of help to you!

I wish you speedy recovery.