Thigh muscle is completely constricted and hurting after using crystal meth. What to do?

Hi there, I did crystal meth at a party and some afterward, now my thigh muscle is completely constricted and hurts. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
There can be two reasons for your thigh soreness- drug overdose or excessive physical activity like prolonged and vigorous dancing/sexual intercourse etc.
You should know the effects of Overdose
- Cerebrovascular Accidents- brain hemorrhage,
- Sensation of flesh crawling (formication)
- Paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, tension headache
- Muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis) which can lead to kidney damage or failure
- Death due to stroke, cardiac arrest or uncontrolled surge in body temperature (hyperthermia)
In both the cases it can result in muscle damage and which in turn can lead to kidney damage as well. A timely medical intervention is worthwhile because these complications can be prevented so you should go to ER as soon as possible.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!