Tests to be done for Diabetes? Is gestational diabetic curable? Importance of ultra sound scanning of abdomen in diabetics?

what is the importance of ultra sound scanning of abdomen in diabetics? what are the tests to be taken in diabetics?
is there any diabetics other than gestational diabetic is curable. is there any hormaonal imbalance cause diabetic? can it be cured? can I send you the results of blood urine thyroid lps test? would you reply for the check up results
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

You can send you report and it can be reviewed to help you.

As for as ultrasound it is not mandatory test for diabetes.
But fatty liver is more commonly found in diabetic patient in Ultrasound of the abdomen.
It Can find Pancreatitis for some which may have causes diabetes.

There are some baseline test which need to be taken in diabetic

Fasting blood sugar
Postprandial blood sugar
This is to monitor the blood sugar.

Renal function test
Urine albumin and sugar.
This is to assess the renal status.

Liver function test.
This is to asses the liver status and effect of fatty liver.

Lipid profile.
To diagnose hypercholesterolemia and cardiac risk.

Examination of the retina of the eye for Diabetic retinopathy.

Till date there is no cure for diabetes in Allopathic medicine.
It is a chronic manageable illness.

Diabetes is caused by hormonal imbalance.
Insulin is an hormone and its defective production or utilization by the body or both causes diabetes.

Hope this answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Tests to be done for Diabetes? Is gestational diabetic curable? Importance of ultra sound scanning of abdomen in diabetics? 48 minutes later
Dear sir,

Thank you for your answer. i hope u have reviewed the Lab reports. Is any other lab test needed? please kindly help me to analyse my lab reports. Pls say me analysis and conclusion of my each area of report.

what causes my higher level of sugar? is any hormaonal problem? or body function problems? Like liver function? is anything hopeful to control?

Pls give me a medical advise.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 29 minutes later

Blood sugar and Liver function test are significant in your case.

Your Fasting blood sugar is around 180 mg/dl and you need to control it around 110 mg/dl.

HbA1c reflects the blood sugar levels for a period of 3 to 4 week and your's is poorly controlled. You need to bring it to below 7 mg/dl.

In Liver function test Enzymes are slightly high.
It may be due to fatty liver or if you have habit of alcohol that may also cause your enzymes to increase.

Initially such high blood sugar may be due to increase insulin resistance. ie Inability of the body(muscle and fat cells) to utilize glucose for energy through insulin sensitization.

Three thing should be followed.
1. diet
2. Exercise and weight reduction.
3. Oral hypoglycemic agent or insulin or both.

Uncontrolled diabetes will lead to many serious complications.

Consult your doctor for more help.
Follow-up: Tests to be done for Diabetes? Is gestational diabetic curable? Importance of ultra sound scanning of abdomen in diabetics? 15 hours later

what is meant by fatty liver?
what is the remedy for reducing insulin resistance? can it be done?
what is the problem of insulin sensitization?

Is there any method to find out the problem? whether insulin is not produced< or not sensitized by the body?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 37 minutes later

Fatty liver is excess accumulation of fat over the liver.
This is one of the reasons for insulin resistance.
In early stages most of the patients are asymptomatic.

Weight reduction is very important in reducing insulin resistance and maintaining a physically active life.

Metformin is the drugs of choice to reduce insulin resistance.

If is not the absence of insulin but defective production and utilization.

Fasting serum insulin test of approximately 60 pmol/l is considered evidence of insulin resistance.