Testicle discomfort radiated from right leg, also while erection. Why is this happening?

My name is Igor. Around 2 weeks I started feel right testical discomfort. Some times I feel discomfort from testical radiated in my right leg. I visited urology doctor, He did physical exam and checked urine sample, and doctor said everything Ok. Also, when I feel erection I feel a little discomfort too.
What is it?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Hello Igor,

Thank you for posting your query.

The type of pain you are experiencing is called a radiating pain. That means you feel pain in a part of the body that is quite normal and the problem is somewhere else that is because the nerve root which supplies the scrotum and its contents, also supplies the inner aspect of the thighs.

The type of pain you are having is likely suggestive of either mild testicular strain or epididymitis. Since your urological examination was normal, its quite reassuring. It probably is just a mild strain of the testicular ligaments which can persist for few weeks and will subside. Consider taking some analgesics (After consulting your Sometimes, Ureteric calculi (Kidney Stones - as they pass down the ureter) can cause testicular pain radiating to the groin and thigh. So you can consider getting an ultrasound scan of the whole abdomen with focus on KUB(Kidney Ureter and bladder) region.

Hope this answers your query. Please do write back to me if you have any further concerns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.