Tested negative for diabetes but urine and toothbrush attract ants! Why?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
tested negative for diabetes but urine and toothbrush attract ants!why?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for posting the query.

Urine and toothbrush attracting the ants is not the basis of diagnosing Diabetes Mellitus.

If biochemical tests like blood sugar levels and H1bAc (Glycated Hemoglobin) levels including that of urine glucose levels are normal, you need not to worry at all.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in you have follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Tested negative for diabetes but urine and toothbrush attract ants! Why? 8 hours later
then why is my toothbrush and urine attracting ants?

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 hours later
Thanks for reverting.
There is no scientific theory to explain the attraction of ants to your urine and your tooth brush.
Perhaps the ingestion of certain food products may be responsible for it. You need to check that.