Test showed HbsAg positive, HbeAg negative, viral DNA high. Needs to take baraclude?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My wife is HbsAg positive, HbeAg negative, his viral DNA load is 25 IU/ml. Whether she should needs to take baraclude right now.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I could open the report 1 &2 pdf files. However the prescription file is not opening properly.
The indications for starting or continuing antiviral therapy are
1. viral load of more than 2000copies /ml
2.raised ALT/AST enzymes
3. histologic evidence of inflammation in the liver.

As per the information given by you ,I do not see the need for any aggressive treatment as none of the aforementioned criteria are seen.

I hope this answers your query