Terrified of cold and hot flashes. Suggest something

hello doctors, I have extreme cold and hot. So much to the point that I am terrified of getting cold. Please help me. I do have a GI appt. on April 12. I am 32 years old and havent seen a GI in almost 10 years. The regular doctors don't seem to think it has anything to do with crones. They think I need I am having anxiety attacks. I tell them I only have anxiety because im afraid of these cold or hot flashes. Please help me or lead me in the right direction. After a lot of research a lot of others with crones have this same issue. Please help me. You may call me XXXXXX. My wife is pregnant and she is do any day. I feel like this is really holding me back from my potential and how I can take care of my family. You may feel free to call me XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 10 hours later

You have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and I see that you don't mention any maintenance medications to keep Crohn's under remission. I am glad that the pituitary gland issue is nothing
to worry about. I hope that you have had recent Thyroid blood tests to see if there is any indication of over or underactive thyroid. This is important to rule out. Crohn's as you know is an autoimmune
disorder and can be associated with other autoimmune conditions also such as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, systemic lupus etc. You do need to rule these out. As for flare up of Crohn's, you may have recurrent
abdominal pain, diarrhea, low grade fever, indigestion, joint pains or even skin rash or lesions over the extremities like nodules or painful swellings.

If you have any of these, you do need complete evaluation by your gastroenterologist and appropriate effective treatment that is available now. It is possible that you do have episodes of anxiety since your wife is due any day now and I wish you the very best with that great occasion.

Try to relax as much as you can by meditation etc.

I wish you the very best.