Ask a Homeopath   »  

Tender spot on the breast nipple, reddish colour. Is this serious, advise?

Oncologist, Surgical
BreastEarlier today I felt a tender spot in my breast below the right breasts nipple. It is about 1 inch in diameter, reddish in color, tender to touch, and there seems to be a tiny small ball like thing beneath it. Long before I have had the small ball lump thing, which the doctor had told me it was probably just a calcium deposit.. though it has yet to leave the past two years. I've never had problems with it. I'm not sure if its coincidence that there is a lump above/near it now or if this is relevant. I am currently on my period too. I need your advice please. I am currently uninsured and just need to know if this is something to seriously worry about. thanks
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Unani
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 5 hours later
Hi Maam,

In clinical practice and literature say the same that every breast lump requires a proper work-up which includes a thorough clinical history/ clinical examination by a doctor followed by an imaging test (mammogram or ultrasound) and finally a FNAC (examining the cells of the lump under a microscope). Only after this triple assessment can one tell you about the nature of this breast lump.

This recommendation is despite the fact that you had a calcium deposit earlier. You should stop concerning only when the results are benign. Having said that there is no reason to worry. Everything is treatable.

Since you are uninsured it should not stop further evaluation. If you inform the doctor he can give good cash discount.

I would strongly suggest that you visit your doctor once your periods are over and get this lump evaluated.

Hope you get well soon.