Tear in condom during sex. What is the chance of conceiving?

The contraceptive which we use(condoms) failed 3 days ago i.e on 7th July,2012
I had my last periods on 15th XXXXXXX 2012 & my average cycle is 32 days long
Other than this particular day,I am not all bothered for any other day,as we practiced 100%
safe play & i am very much confident for it.
Please suggest whether I have conceived on above mentioned date or not & if yes,what is
the percentage of concieving

Kindy help me

With Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

As you are having 32 days cycle the fertile period in your case is from 28th XXXXXXX to 2nd July.

This is a prediction on the basis that the ovulation takes place in middle of the cycle and we normally count +2 or -2 days from the 16th day(in your case)to count fertile period.

As you had unprotected act on 7th July, which means the incident has happened out side fertile period. There are very less chances of pregnancy in your case.

The above calculation holds true only in case of regular cycles. Going by that you are safe.

Whether you have conceived or not it is not possible to tell unless you missed your period.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Follow-up: Tear in condom during sex. What is the chance of conceiving? 38 minutes later
Thanks doctor,for your so immediate reply
Can you tell me are there any symptoms for early pregnancy,as in my case.
Is there any other method also,by which i can make out I am pregnant or not.
Or i have to wait till 17th July,to get my periods.

Also please share,during the cycle,which is the time when conceiving chances are 0% or less,which is the safe time for having act without using any contraceptive

With Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry there are no signs and symptoms that help to diagnose pregnancy before you miss period.

As far safe period for sex is concerned the days other then mentioned earlier are safe days.

To be precise 3-4 days immediately after periods is over and just before beginning of period are absolutely safe.

But in general the safest and 100% effective method are either pills or intrauterine devices.