Taking xanax for panic attacks and anxiety. Is memory loss common during menopause period?

yes i just saw the sertraline warnings of confusion etc....I am age 50 and have went through menopause............I take xanax 1 to 2 mg per day for panic attacks and anxiety .....severe........also i recently about 2 years ago diagnosed with adhd after all of these I take vyvanse and zoloft 100mg 2x daily and 70 mg vyvanse and evening I take buspirone 2 60 mg just curious I have been wanting to wean off of zoloft and buspar because the xanax Ive taken for about 15 years really does the job without over medicating me and if I have a severe panic attack I can take immediately........Thank you I have no more seizures in about 25 years......I also have migraines......sorry not sure what all you would like to know my main concern is forgetfullness and concentration dont know if this is zoloft or what....... I was told that some temporary memory loss or confusion does come on with menopause ......and of course the natural energy I have is gone since menopause.....I really dont like taking all of these meds and xanax is the one that like I said I have had for years and makes me feel normal and not drugged....
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You may come off sertraline and vyanase Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone though your question and I can understand what you are going through. Although sertraline is a good drug for panic disorders. However it should be taken for 1 year and then judhed whether it needs to be continued. If you feel there is no add on advantage and you still need to take xanax for panic attacks then it wouldbe better to come off it. However it has to be done slowly and with the knowledge of your treating psychiatrist. Confusion amd memory loss are features of menopause. They are not frequently seen with sertraline. Regarding your migrains sumatriptan is a good drg for acute attacks and for prophylaxis divalproex and propranolol will be very effective. Hope I am able to help you with your concerns. If you have any further queries i will be more than glad to help you. If not you can close the discussion. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD