Taking warfarin, kaopectate and having cramps in stomach. What do you recommend?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Increase risk of bleeding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. There is a drug intraction between Kaopectate(Bismuth) and warfarin(Anticoagulants). It increases the chance of bleeding, especially in the presence of gastric ulcer. Stop it and check for any blood in stool. Always take medicines with the advise of a health care provide. Take the help of you health care provider to obtain a list of drugs which interacts with your medications. In this event you don't need to be concerned. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know it there is any clarifications. Regards.
Follow-up: Taking warfarin, kaopectate and having cramps in stomach. What do you recommend? 18 hours later
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Gastritis may be... Detailed Answer: Hello, I would suspect gastritis(Inflammation of the stomach) as the cause for abdominal discomfort. Before I order investigations, I suggest you to avoid spicy and greasy food. Try course of proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole for 2 weeks to see if you feel better. Regards.
People also viewed
- Hard lesion on tonsil
- Warfarin and stomach making noises
- Metallic taste running
- Fat injections for polio legs
- Flixonase nasule drops side effects
- Iodine plus 2 side effects
- Gray face chest pain
- Can i take kaopectate for dyspepsia ?
- Kenalog steroids injections side effects
- Usage of kaopectate
- Get phlegm out of trachea
- Is it safe to take kaopectate for withdrawal induced diarrhea
- Can i take kaopectate for indigestion?
- Too much potassium side effects
- Side effects after implant removal