Taking seroquel and lexepro and have COPD. Have shortness of breath. Related?

Radiologist
Question
hi am taking seroquel and lexepro and have c.o.p.d., should i consult a second opinion as i am short of breath
regards
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ali Ismayilov 1 hour later
Hello and Welcome,

Yes, you should contact your physician (the one who prescribed you these medications). The reason for this is that both of these medications (especially Seroquel) should be used with caution in people who has heart problems. You have cardiomyopathy. So you should see the doctor to make sure that your shortness of breath is NOT due to any heart problems.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dr. A. Ismayilov, MD

Follow-up: Taking seroquel and lexepro and have COPD. Have shortness of breath. Related? 24 hours later
i now have acute edema of the legs, feet and stomach, i saw the doctor and he suggested hospital for a lasix drip.
i have stopped the lexepro and my breathing has improved.
if i go to hospital it will make it difficult for me to stay where i am exposed to medical staff
regards

Answered by Dr. Ali Ismayilov 3 hours later
That is good to hear that your breathing have improved - this basically means that the cause of your shortness of breath was the medication that somewhat affected your heart. This is additionally proven by the edema that you have. Since the edema is rather extended, I would advise you to follow the recommendations of your doctor and go for Lasix drip.

Although feel uncomfortable to go to the hospital, it is your best bet.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

A. Ismayilov, MD

Follow-up: Taking seroquel and lexepro and have COPD. Have shortness of breath. Related? 32 minutes later
thank you very much doctor
regards

Answered by Dr. Ali Ismayilov 34 minutes later
You are very welcome. I will more than happy to help you anytime you need it. In the future, just follow this link and ask your question: WWW.WWWW.WW
Kind Regards,

A Ismayilov, MD