Taking regestrone for irregular menstrual cycle. Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72. Safe?

Mar 2013
doc i m a 27 yr old unmarried i m taking regestrone 5 mg(sandoz) since 30th april (3 tab per day) due to irregular mentrual problem.but yeasterday i had make sex with my boyfriend without using comdom.thats why i have taken a unwanted 72 pill today and one regestron tab in the i want to know that whether it is safe to take unwanted 72 pill along with my regular regestron dose.please do help me by suggesting what is right for me.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
You can take both medicines together.
However, with irregular cycles, the periods will be further irregular with intake of unwanted 72.
Continue taking registrone as advised.
In future, please avoid taking emergency contraception, and have protected intercourse always.
All the best.
Feel free to discuss further.