Taking pregato 75, stalopam plus and rivotril 0.5mg. What are the side effects?

my parents are taking Pregato 75, Stalopam Plus, Rivotril 0.5mg according to the dr.s prescribe..
Please inform me whether these medicines they can continue for life time? any side effects are there or not and the reason that dr told to take these..
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later

I have read your query in detail.

Pregato 75 (pregabalin) is among the class of anticonvulsants but is commonly used for different neuropathic pains. Most common side effects of pregabalin are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, weight gain, and difficulty concentrating.

Stalopam plus (escitalopram) is an antidepressant used to treat depression, anxiety, panic disorders, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The side effect profile of escitalopram is close to that of other SSRIs, with nausea, somnolence (sleepiness) and gastrointestinal side effects.

Rivotril (clonazepam) belongs to the class of medications called benzodiazepines. Used as a sedative or to decrease seizures or anxiety. It helps by slowing the activity of the nerves in the brain (i.e., the central nervous system). The common side effects are unsteadiness, delayed reaction, dizziness, drowsiness, muscle weakness.

All drugs are well tolerated in various clinical studies over 52 weeks, but have some or the other side effects. Side effects can be mild or severe, temporary or permanent. Not everyone who takes this medication experiences the side effects listed.

If you are concerned about side effects, discuss the risks and benefits of this medication with your doctor. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed. If you have not discussed this with your doctor nor are sure why your parents are taking this medication, kindly speak to your doctor.

Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor.

I hope to have answered your query.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.