Taking pan-d for GERD. Getting pain and discomfort in chest. Quick remedy?

Good

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello Doctor, am suffering from GERD. Its been now more than a week now. I consulted a doctor and is now taking PAN-D tablet morning and evening. Earlier i felt relaxed with this tablet, but now am getting very much discomfort at my chest area & also now back area. It's paining and stretching most of the time now.Need to get out of this GERD as soon possible. Can you please suggest a quick remediation.
Am a non smoker and only occasional drinker.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Pan D is a good medication for relief of GERD symptoms. But medication alone is not enough to control GERD symptoms. The following should also be done.

1. Weight reduction if obese
2. Avoiding coffee, citrus, tomatoes, fatty food, spice/masala, chocolates, aerated drinks
3. Do not eat full stomach.. Eat smaller meals
4. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food.

If these do not provide relief, then you may considering switching to other medications.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Taking pan-d for GERD. Getting pain and discomfort in chest. Quick remedy? 2 minutes later
Hi Doc,
Thanks for reply. Doctor but this PAN D is not giving me any relief now. From 2 days am getting discomfort in Chest and back.Pls do suggest something

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 minutes later
As I have mentioned in my previous post, lifestyle/dietary changes are also important for relief of symptoms. You need to follow them.

Continue taking Pan D.
You can also take antacid anesthetic gels like Mucaine. Gaviscon also provides good relief.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Taking pan-d for GERD. Getting pain and discomfort in chest. Quick remedy? 9 minutes later
Doc, just asking a quick question. I want to get relief from this chest pain.Whenever I turn its paining in my chest.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 minutes later
Take Pan D, Mucaine and a Dolo 650.
If the symptoms persist, get examined by a gastroenterologist.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kin