Taking oxyelite. Found out I am pregnant. Will there be any effect of medicine on baby?

I been taking oxyelite for a week now, and I just found out I am pregnant. I really dont know how far I am, but I am late 5 days..I am really worry that this medication can affect the baby..please help
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Oxyelite pro is a newly introduced herbal product which causes burning of fat resulting in weight loss. OxyELITE Pro does not use high levels of caffeine like other fat-burners but it still has been thought to yield 300 mg of caffeine per day.

The FDA does not regulate herbs so the safety, purity and efficacy of these products vary greatly, according to the American Pregnancy Association and the use of a combination of herbs can lead to problems with pregnancy, including miscarriage.

Since it has been only one week when you have started using oxyelite pro, it should not have done much harm and I suggest you to stop taking it. Also visit your gynecologist for the ante natal visits.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health and a healthy pregnancy.