Taking metroprolol. Can this cause dry heaves or some type of esophagus spasms?

Psychiatrist
Question
Is there a connection between taking metroprolol and dry heaving or some type of esophagus spasms?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 minutes later
Hello.....
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with dry heaves. I would like to reassure you that metoprolol as such is not associated with the above side effects. However, GERD/gasro-oesophagal reflux disease might read to these symptoms unrelated to metaprolol. You can consider ranitidine or omeprazole once a day before breakfast. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar