Taking medicine for post traumatic stress disorder and depression. Suggest effective remedy

My name is XXXXXXX a recovering alcoholic, 25 per day fag habit, gave both up aged 55, eleven years ago,
now 66 yrs old. I have not been in any trouble of any kind since I ceased. Which surely is the main priority !
I am on a "cocktail of drugs to help with the isims" ie 100 tramadol per 28 days @ 50 mg 75 tabs of diazepam
@ 5mg a month, 0ne citalopram 20 mg per day, statins at night i tab, 2 felodipine in the mornings for High Blood Pressure, My BP is 125/80/ pulse 65 ish. Play lots of tennis to a good standard for about 6 hours per week. . Run A small businessweight 13 stones at 5' 10" tall, I run a small business, no debts, new car but living on my own and
very lonley. I have depression. My GP sees me regularly, and a well known Psychiatrist sees me once every two weeks, whom I have to pay for. I enjoy the sessions. However I feel
there must be a more potent drug that can help my anger, ie the Royal Family, parasites. I waste a lot of my time
on people who are basically fools. I digress, stay as I am and hopefully die in another ten years, in my sleep of
course! Any advice please. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 35 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. You are taking diazepam while it is excreted by the liver and it is better to change it in another medication or discontinue it after 65 years old. Otherwise it will be accumulated in the blood and will cause memory problem and in long term could contribute to depression. You may ask your doctor to give you the medication appropriate with your situation and your age. For example if the problem that diazepam has been given is sleep, there are some drugs from Z class which can help. If it is for anxiety, there are some medications that can help without side effect. If it has been given for alcohol abstinence, it could be discontinued gradually. That will also decrease drug drug interactions. I wish you a good health.