Taking medicine for flu. Coughing up green phlegm and throwing up. Looking for safe remedy

I have had the flu for a week now, am taking over the counter medication, I slept for two days, I am constantly coughing up green phlegm, everything I eat, and drink I am bringing back up, up to 4 hours afterwards, I,m sipping water but even that won,t stay down, I get very out of breath just shifting position.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Flu if does not subside soon tends to give opportunity to bacterial infections to thrive in the respiratory system and paves the way to pneumonia.
Your sympoms are suggestive of such a complication and you are unable to retain the food and water due to vomitting.
These problems can make you further weak. This indiates a serious nexus.
My advise is to get a complete blood count, renal function test and a chest Xray for a diagnosis and you should review to a local physician.
I think you will need prescription antibiotics and supportive care.
Being proactive is worthwhile to limit further deterioration.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.