Taking medication for PCOS. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi,

i have been recently diagnosed with PCOs and currently on medication. im 32 with previous miscarriage in nov 2011...what are my chances of getting pregnant..and what should i actually do ...married for 1.3 yrs and no child.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. Please let me know following details: 1) What medication you are taking currently. 2) What are previous treatments you have taken ? 3) What is the your husband's semen analysis report ? 4) Any investigations you have undergone in past ? I will be awaiting your reply as this information will help me to answer your query better. Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Taking medication for PCOS. What are my chances of getting pregnant? 6 hours later
Hi

1. Currently on Modus 10mg to get my period...just finished taking it today. Benforce 500mg daily for 3 months and XXXXXXX to start on the first day when i get my period.
and Iron tablets.

2. I have not taken any previous treatment for PCO or anything. Prior to my abortion in nov 2012 i was totally fine, never had any issues with Menstrual cycle..very normal ....there is no genetic history as well.. my diet has always been quite healthy..

3. Never went for pill no D &C was required... fine contents remained but was cleared with tablets.

Im currently under a XXXXXXX doctor's guidance, but since im 32 yrs and my husband is 36 we are keen in having a baby asap. the medications are for 3 months so i anyways cannot get pregnant in the next 3 months but would like to get immediately after 3 months are over...I had conceived after 2 months after marriage and for the first time that we got physical.

awaiting ur quick response

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, glad to see your reply. Following are my advice : 1) There is no need to take XXXXXXX or any other OCP for 3 months. Instead take only for a month as you can try for subsequent month as your husband will be back. 2) Get follicular growth scan done. Especially since you are PCO. This helps in knowing exact time of ovulation & exact time to try for pregnancy to increase chances. 3) Get your husband's semen analysis done. 4) Get regular follicular growth scan done. & tfy naturally for 3 months. If you dont conceive try another 3 cycles with IUI . 5) Still if you dont conceive within one year, opt for IVF treatment. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Taking medication for PCOS. What are my chances of getting pregnant? 20 hours later
im little worried on whether i would get my period or not, wat do i need to understand if i dont get my periods by 1st sept..coz doc said u should get it by 1st otherwise asked to visit her.

Also, other than medications, what kind of lifestyle would help me on a longer run...
even if i get pregnant....will my pregnancy be complicated...will my child be healthy ?
i would appreciate if u could give some guidance and before getting pregnant on diet especially.

thanks XXXXXXX

Hi, glad to see you back. 1) You will get the period before sept 1. 2) Even if you dont get, your doctor will first check for pregnancy & if negative,will give different medicines to get cycles. 3) if you conceive, your child will be healthy & normal. 4) You need to excerciseatleast 30 min per day. 5) Have food low in fatand dont eat junk foods. I hope I answred your query. Please accept my answer & close the query if no more questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol