Taking medication for PCOS. Having heavy bleeding with pain. Remedy?

Hi I have pcos and just started my cycle by the pill but just I stopped taking it on day 4 of my period. anyway my period is normally heavy and thick with clots. with this cycle i am very heavy,watery and bright red i have been having a lot more pain than normal on this cycle and bigger clots,
what is causing this?

currently on day 6 of my peroid
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

I would like to know the name of salt which you are taking , whether it is Cyproterone acetate along with Ethinyl estradiol or Drosperinone

Are you taking Metformin along with cyclical pill or not ?

As far as heavy periods are concerned it can be due to withdrawal bleeding due to hormones and pills

Get an ultrasound before periods to see the endometrial thickness

Get thyroid profile , testosterone , prolactin , progesterone levels done

Get fasting insulin resistance test done

At present you can take tranexamic acid to stop the bleeding under doctor's prescription but do not start the pills till you re evaluate your hormonal status

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome