Taking levothyroxine. Want to drink warm water with honey. Will this affect thyroid medicine?

1. I am taking levothyroxine 25 mcg in the morning at around 8:00AM, and I would like to drink warm water with lemon and honey drink to lose weight, so please let me know when can I take this lemon water with honey after taking thyroid medicine in the morning? Because every day I am taking oats with blueberries after an hour of taking the thyroid medicine but my cholesterol is not normal it is 220mg and LDL is 155. Please advice. Also dr, adviced me to take Vitamin D 2000IU.

2. When I was taking levothyroxine 50 MCG I was feeling like dizzy and fatigue, but when my doctor changed my dose from 50MCG to 25 MCG it is now normal and I don't get any problem Please advice.

3. Is thyroid associated with Vitamin B12, D3 and Cholesterol? Please let me know and If I control weight and diet then can I able to control these issues?

4. what is Hashimoto decease?

Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multiple queries

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

You can take lemon and honey with water before or after taking the thyroid tablets, for better absorption , I will advise a gap of nearly 15-20 minutes.

The dose depends upon the requirement, if you are feeling good with 25 microgram ,you can take it regularly , but do check your levels regularly to adjust the dose.

Hypothyroidism can lead to worsening of the lipid control and weight gain, although no clear relation with the Vitamin D levels.

Hashimoto disease is autoimmune thyroiditis which can present with both low and high levels.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Follow-up: Taking levothyroxine. Want to drink warm water with honey. Will this affect thyroid medicine? 2 days later

Thanks for the answer. Can I take Vitamin D ongoing? Because I am taking currently 1000IU everyday, but what would be the best time to take Vitamin D? And also multi vitamins, when to take these comnations, example Morning I am taking levothyroxine 25 MCG, and in the night before bed I am taking Vitamin D 1000IU and sometimes Multivitamin (Men a Day) please let me know the good timing to take these suppliments for better health.

I am also started doing Pranayaam (Kapal bhathi) in evening at around 6PM.
In the morning breakfast I am eating Oats with blueberries. Please suggest in details.

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Timings do not matter for most medicines

Detailed Answer:
Thyroxine needs to be taken in the morning before meals for better absorption.Otherwise the time of Vitamin D or Multivitamin do not matter.

Do not think there is advantage of taking one type of food over the other, different fruits and cereals have different advantages , can not recommend one over the other.

Follow-up: Taking levothyroxine. Want to drink warm water with honey. Will this affect thyroid medicine? 11 hours later
Hi Dr.

Is whole egg per day Is good for health? Because people think that egg yolks (yellow) is bad cholesterol (LDL). Please let me whether yellow part of egg improves HDL or LDL? If I take whole egg 1 per day is good for cholesterol?

appreciated your answer

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yellow egg- Cholesterol

Detailed Answer:
Yellow of the egg is very XXXXXXX in cholesterol so should be avoided.You can take egg white one a day .Yellow of the egg will increase LDL which is bad cholesterol , Egg white is probably Cholesterol neutral.