Taking hcg ultra drops for weight loss. positive pregnancy tests. Can this drug show a false positive on pregnancy test ?

I started taking the hcg ultra drops to lose weight over the past 5 days. I took three pregnancy tests since yesterday, all positive. I have been researching about this weight loss drug and in many articles and posts, people are saying yes that it can have a false positive. is this true?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Taking HCG drops to lose weight can cause a false positive pregnancy test. In the pregnancy, hcg is a hormone that is secreted by placenta and its concentration increases. This increased concentration is detected with various tests in pregnancy.
To confirm the diagnosis, you need to have an ultrasound scan to find out a gestational sac in your uterus. Alternatively you can get your serum beta hcg levels assessed to find out if you are actually pregnant.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.