Taking fluconazole for ear, nose and throat symptoms. Is this an anti-inflammatory drug?

ENT Specialist
I was told by an ENT specialist that fluconazole had "anti-inflammatory" properties..yet I have been unable to confirm this anywhere. Fluconazole eliminated ear,nose and throat symptoms for me....and I was told it was due to the anti-inflammatory of this drug. Is this correct ?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 days later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M.for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding activity of fluconazole.

In this connection I would like to tell you that FLUCONAZOLE is a potent antifungal.Whatsoever symptoms you are having in your ear, nose and throat, they may be because of fungal infection. As soon as you take this tab fungal infection will clear up than my own immune system becomes effective to perform anti ilflammtory activity.

In this way you can say that fluconazole potentiate the anti inflammatory activity of our immune system but is in cases of fungal infectons only not in other infections.