Taking femilon for fibroids. Noticed spotting during sex. Now abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding. What is wrong?

Mar 2013
I have been taking Femilon for the last 3 months which were prescribed for my fibroids. Currently I have 7 pills more to take in for this cycle. My husband and I have had sex last morning (16th April, 2013) following which there was a some spotting. I took my pill at night as usual. However since this morning I have very light vaginal bleeding. I also had a mild abdominal pain briefly today morning.
I am wondering whether it could be something related to fibroids or whether is it that I have got pregnant? should i take an emergency morning after pill? what are the possible side effects of taking an OCP and a morning after pill together?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
If you are already on the OCP and are regularly taking them, there is no need to take an emergency contraceptive.
Slight irregular spotting and bleeding is common on the pill.
It could be related to your fibroid too.
To rule out a pregnancy, take a urine pregnancy test if you miss your period.
Meanwhile, do NOT discontinue the pills.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.