Taking envas for hypertension. Prescribed folligrow capsules for hair loss problem. Is this medicine safe?

I am a female 53 years of age. I have been losing a lot of hair over the past 3 years.I have been advised to take Folligrow capsules. Does this aid in preventing hair loss? What other mediacations would be of help?I am also taking medication for hypertension.[envas-5mg] twice a day
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
There could be two patterns of hair fall in your case
1) androgenetic alopecia
2) telogen effluvium

Androgenetic alopecia or female pattern baldness is characterised by thinning of hair and broadening of central hair parting so that finally loss of hair is seen in central portion. Sometimes another pattern of frontal hair loss is also seen

Telogen effluvium where hair thinning is diffuse from all over the scalp. If the hair loss has been there in this pattern for more than six months its known as chronic telogen effluvium.

I would like to know
Number of hair that fall per day
Pattern of hair fall ie diffuse or central
If there is a precipitating factor like chronic illness, nutritional cause , thyroid disorder, anemia, stress etc.

Kindly answer these queries so that I can assist you in a better way.