Taking electrocin. Experiencing hair loss, body pain, tiredness and burning feet at night. Thyroid problem?

I'm having burning feet at night, which disturbs my sleeps.
And recently putting on weight, terrible hair fall, body pain and tiredness to getup in the morning. I have been taking Electrocin 100 mcg for last 3 years.
Please let me know if my thyroid has to do anything with this hot feet
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 21 minutes later

It can be due to parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. Numbness, burning and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition.

Since you are having hypothyroidism, it can be due to insufficient thyroid medicine (Eltroxin) dose which is less than required. You need to get your recent thyroid sttaus checked and get your medicine dose reviewed.

Also get your blood sugar levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.