Taking calvepen 666mg for throat infection. Having pain in lung. Concerned for pneumonia

hi i am taking calvepen 666mg 3 times a day for throat infection after 1 day i feel much better but now is three days and i feel worst i have cof pain on lungs and top part of my back temperature 38 i had only first day now is normal would this be normal proces of my illnes or somethink else
i realy have to go to work but i am afraid of pneumonia
also iam very tired
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What I understand from your query is that, at present there is no fever, temp of 38 was only there on the first day. Your throat infection is better. At present you have pain in the chest and upper back when you cough. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would advise you to do steam inhalation 4-5 times a day.
Drink plenty of warm fluids throughout the day.
Have a teaspoon of honey mixed with a pinch of pepper powder. It might provide some relief.
Do continue your medication calvepen as prescribed by your doctor.

Pneumonia normally presents with high grade fever, cough with rusty(brown) sputum and chest pain. If these symptoms are present , I would advise you to visit your doctor at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query.

Get well soon :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan