Taking antibiotic for UTI. Noticed red bump on labia and itching around anus. Medical cure?

I started out with UTI like symptoms and I am being treated for a UTI with antibiotics (though the infection didn't show up in the test) Then I noticed a red bump on my labia which was sore, now the area around my anus is itching and burning and I looked with a mirror to find a couple of single red bumps around my anus. I have had NO lifestyle changes or new sexual partners in over 3 years. Please help!
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 49 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be furuncle, herpes genitalis , folliculitis etc.
There is nothing to be worried about and the condition is treatable.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any ulcer on the area?
Since when you have this?
Your partner having any symptoms?
Is there any pain or enlarged glands in groin.
If you can post photos of affected skin it can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Answer the questions and post photographs to help you better.
Till then you can take tab.paracetamol 500mg 2-3 times a day and apply soframycin cream over the area.
I would be available for follow up.
Hope this helps.
Dermatology STD specialist.
Follow-up: Taking antibiotic for UTI. Noticed red bump on labia and itching around anus. Medical cure? 20 minutes later
Hi and thank you. I didn't see any ulcer, just a couple of red bumps (separate, not cluster). The UTI like symptoms began on Saturday and the itching/burning and anal area bumps have only been maybe since yesterday. So, all of this in the span of 4-5 days. My partner is not having any symptoms and we haven't had sex (of any kind) in close to 10 days. I will try to get photos.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 22 hours later
Hi Again,
Thanks for details.I still cannot view the images.
From the details provided it appears that you have folliculitis.
It is bacterial infection of hair follicle.It is not an STD.
You can apply Mupirocin 2% oint. or fusidic acid 2% cream twice to thrice a day.
Take paracetamol tab for pain and tab,Zyrtec for itching.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
A visit to dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis and allow presciption of medicines.