Taking antibiotic after cervical polyp removal. Started bleeding heavily. Worrisome

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Question
I had polyp removed on 15 th feb in cervical canal.
I had 5 days antibiotic
Then last two day bleeding increased epically when I get up from bed and pass urine
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 56 minutes later

I need details to help you. Please inform what was the histopathology report of polyp. Also is the bleeding coinciding with your menstruation.

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Taking antibiotic after cervical polyp removal. Started bleeding heavily. Worrisome 12 hours later
Result of polyp histopathology is begnin
My mensuration date is 28 th.

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 7 hours later

As the polyp is benign, if the bleeding is less and watery, it could be because of the healing process.
If the bleeding is heavy, it may be because of incomplete removal of polyp or secondary infection.

You need to go to your doctor in this case and get re-examined.

With regards

Follow-up: Taking antibiotic after cervical polyp removal. Started bleeding heavily. Worrisome 44 hours later
I showed to doc she says no infection but has put me on trenaxa 500 mg (2tablets three times a day)
And primolut -N 5 mg (thrice a day for two weeks,then 2wice day for one then once a day for one week)
Does these medicines are high does .?
Or do they have side effects

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 9 hours later
Tab trenaxa is haemostat (controls bleeding) and primolut-N is progesterone hormone to build the endometrium for 4 weeks. After this medication, you are expected to have menses. Apart from some mild nausea and headache, I dont foresee any significant side effects.
Good luck