Taking amoxil for cough. Chest x-ray showed bilateral hilar enlargement. Any solution?

3 years old XXXXXXX he has 2 month history of cough and is currently taking amoxil for this. In November fever.and cold. A chest x XXXXXXX was taken 27.12.12 and was reported as. There is bilateral hilar enlargement. The lungs show mild bilateral symmetrical perihilar bronchial Wall thickening but no definite air space changes.
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us.
Hilar enlargement is due to hilar lymph gland swelling.This is usually due to chest infections. I hope the antibiotics will take care of that.
But as there are no changes in the lung shadow, I hope your child doesn't have any major problem.
If the cough and the hilar enlargement persists, you might have to a CT scan of the chest and a test for tuberculosis. Please get an opinion of a pediatrician before that.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.