Taking amoxicillin and robitussin for barking cough and sore throat. Spitting red phlegm. Is this normal?
User rating for this question
My 3 yr was taken to urgent care Monday night. He had been having a barking cough soar throat and fevers up to 102.7. I was told he had a throat infection. He was given amoxicillin and robitussin. He has been coughing and spitting up phlegm but just now spit up a bright red phlegm. Is this normal or do I need to take him in again?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: observe. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I suggest you to wait for sometime and observe .In case it is persistant he needs to be evaluated. In the meantime continue with medication as advised. Give him plenty of fluids. Warm liquid will be soothing to him. Also see is he picking his nose as sometimes due to bleeding from nose child swallows blood and can spit blood tinged phelgm. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless....
People also viewed
- Will taking amoxicillin be effective for sore throat
- Taking amoxicillin for sore throat
- Dark smelly runny poo
- Dark underarms on newborn
- Random increase in heart rate implanon
- 2 year old with dark yellow urine
- Pustules that start on hands and feet
- Primolut n 20 mg
- Pus cells in urine test but no bacteria growth
- Sore throat barking cough fever
- Dark gray stool infants
- Sore throat and barking cough
- Sore throat after taking amoxicillin
- Procedure deep blackhead removal
- Dark specks on toddlers scalp