Taking adderall for a long time and feeling tired. What are the side effect?

I've been taking 45mg of Aderall twice daily for 9 months. Does this medication age you? My husband tells me that I constantly look tired, and that I seem to have aged approx 3-5 yrs.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 28 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX ........
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the side effects of the drug. Aderall is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, that are psychostimulants used in treatment of various psychiatric disorders. These drugs do cause drying of skin as a side effect and give a coarser feel to your skin in addition to occasional skin rashes. However, they do not accelerate aging process as such and these changes are reversible. Hence nothing to worry. Consume plenty of fluids and try moisturiser/ sun screen if required. The drug also affects sleep. Hence, you need to regularise your sleep rythm to reduce tiredness. Hope i addressed your concern.
Dr Sundar