Taking Vyvanse instead of Adderall. Any OTC drug reactions?

hi, i started taking vyvanse aprox 2& 1/2 months ago instead of my normal adderall, im just curious if there are any over the counter drug interactions, or food interactions that i should know about, all the adhd forums say something completely different about everything so they have confused more than clarified.... my main concerns are the classic grapefruit/orange juice interactions, and if there are any interactions with over the counter sleep aids, stomach ache medications or excedrine. thanks! XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
The Vyvanse is a cerebral stimulant drug that has interaction with the albuterol and singulair in form of increased jitteriness and increased heart rate and raised BP.
It can cause increased anxiety in susceptible individuals.
Typically the asthma drugs should be taken an hour before the Vyvanse to reduce the side effects.
There is no significant interaction with Grape fruit and orange juices.
You are allergic to a host of allergens, you should try to avoid contact with them by remaining vigilant so that you can remain asymptomatic with minimum medications.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!