Taking Luvox. Possiblility of double dosage. What to do?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I am currently taking 100mg of Luvox a day. I was surposed to take my medication at 915pm last night but when I got home from work at 330am I could not remember if u took my tablet or not. I took one at 330am. Is this a over dose? Will I be ok?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 25 minutes later

The tablet Luvox 100 mg is an SSRI is used as an antidepressant with maximum dosage of 300 mg daily in divided doses for adults.

So you might have taken the double dose but this is not a poisonous or toxic dose.

I would suggest that you watch for the following side effects like nausea, diarrhoea, dry mouth, anxiety, insomnia, dizziness etc

If you experience more than usual of any side effects, please consult your doctor.

As of now, you are less likely to be at risk since the doses have been taken six hours apart.

If you feel comfortable, then you can take the next dose as per your schedule. Please inform your treating physician in any case if feasible.

Hope I have answered your query.