Taking Losartan, echocardiogram normal. Are my readings a concern?

I've been on Losartan or related for 20 years with blood pressure controlled at 120/60 (or both lower). I had an echocardiogram two weeks ago with normal results. The readings have been close for the past week or so, at 145/105 to 120/85 today. IS this a concern and should I contact my physician? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi Mac,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
I read your question and background with diligence.
Please not that our heart beats for almost 100,000 times a day ( 72x60x24 ) so variation in BP recording from time to time is possible. So, unless more than 70% time your BP remains close to 120/ 80 mm Hg and never above 140/90, it is good control. If you record few readings of say 145/105 with the same apparatus at different times o day, you must see your physician. A dose modification is indicated. Blood pressure is called silent killer so it should not be taken lightly.
One thing was reading from your profile you are obese. Please seek advice regarding bariatric surgery for reduction in weight will definitely reduce your need for drugs.
If you have any followup query I will be happy to answer it.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW