Irregular heart beat feeling with fluttering in chest. History of gastric sleeve. What is the cause?

Hi, I m 28, female in Australia... I used to weigh 149kg s, I now weigh 89kg after having a gastric sleeve in dec 2011. My question is... What could be causing a irregular heart beat feeling and a flutter in my chest after I have eaten? I hadn t done any heavy exercise before eating so it s all at a slow regular pace. I used to get it before my weight loss surgery, but I m still having them. When it happens I check my pulse also it has a normal heart beat but then it feels like there is a slight pause and a hard thump right after. It happens quite a few times in the space of approximately 30seconds, then when I count my heart beat I count 50 beats in 30 seconds then after a minute I m fine again. This is really scary for me as i have heart problems in my family from my grandma (mothers side). What could be causing this?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  168 Awaiting Answer