Taking Losartan and Felodepine. Can I take Nattokinase. Suggest?

Hello I am taking Losartan tabs 50mg and Felodepine ER Tabs 10 mg and Zetia Tabs 10mg one per day of each I was wondering if I could take all natural Nattokinase 2000 FUs one tab per day to try to get away from perscription drugs
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Hi there,

Nattokinase is a natural substance produced from the fermentation of boiled soyabeans by an bacteruim known as Bacillus natto. I do agree that it has some benificial properties in treating Heart diseases,hypertension and prevention of stroke. Its a natural blood thinner has same action like that of aspirin.

But lot of clinical trials are now running on it about its efficiency as well as its definitive role in treatment of various cardiovascular problem. Interestingly all of them are in budding stage.

Another imporatant thing is you are on multiple drugs like B.P pills, and pills to reduce your cholesterol. Nattokinase cannot do justice for all of those problems as all rounder.

So, i suggest you to stick on to the present medications and if you want to change any prescription,better you discuss with your treating Physician.

Hope i have clarified your doubt, if have any further queries, please get back to me.