Taking Liveril to reduce gas problems caused by Electroxin. Any side effects of Liveril?

Question
I am taking liveril forte 1 tablet regularly. This has reduced my gas problems which occured due to taking electroxin-75 mcg regularly. Is there any side effect of liveril forte.

Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Hi.
There are no large scale studies which show the interaction of thyroxine and Liveril forte. So in my opinion, there is no need to take such a drug. Since the drug has not been very well reserached, the side effects are not known
In any case, the bloating (gas problem) you're having can be taken care of by taking small meals every 3-4 hours, exercising, avoiding spicy things, tea, coffee and alcohol. Also, you should be taking plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Taking Liveril to reduce gas problems caused by Electroxin. Any side effects of Liveril? 11 hours later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for reply.
After trying all the remedies you have listed which did not help the acute gas related problems, my physician suggested to take liveril forte which did work like wonders. My question is can I take Liveril forte for many days .

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 11 hours later

There is no guidelines mentioning how long one can take liveril forte but in our practice we frequently prescribe for at least three months.

So you can take it for three months after that consult your physician for further intake.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly