Taking Diovan, Isorbide, Digixin and Folic acid. Planning for Doppler and stress test. Suggest
User rating for this question
I USED TO TAKE 80 MG FOR MANY YEARS AND THEN ONE NIGHT AT THE ER, THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO TAKE 160 MG AND I SEEM TO FEEL BETTER. I AM 82 YEARS OLD AND I HAD MY FIRST HEART ATTACK AND A 3 BY-PASS WHEN I WAS 55 YEARS. (12/28/85) 5 BY-PASS IN XXXXXXX OF 1992 AND 2 STINTS IN 2002. I GUESS I AM LUCKY I HAVE LIVED THIS LONG. I TAKE A LOT OF MEDICATIONS. DIOVAN,ISORBIDE,DIGIXIN, COUMADIN,CARVEDILOL,FOLIC ACID,BABY ASPIRIN, FINASTERIDE, AND FLOMAX. TOMORROW I GO FOR A STRESS TEST, DOPLER AND SOMETHING ELSE. THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You must go for routine checkup. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You didn't mentioned your purpose of last visit to ER.What was your problem at that time? It is nice to know that you are doing well after so many surgeries and complications.In these cases role of personal determination is more than any medicines.It is very tough to maintain the daily strict routine in terms of physical activity and taking medicines regularly. You are getting appropriate and proper medicines needed in your case. Regular follow up and routine investigations are must in your case.So,you must go through stress test,ECHO etc and take medicines regularly. Wish you a long life. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Stress test positive for treadmill suggest
- Is unpleasant breath odor a side effect of cefuroxime?
- How long does it take to read s stress test
- What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine capsules?
- Noticing you heart beat
- Stress test vs stress echo
- Taking stress test with a cold
- Rapid heart beat and rib pain
- Heart beat 6 year old
- Is muscle pain or cramps a side effect of candesartan?
- Is bleeding of treated skin a side effect of condylox?
- Taking alprazolam before a stress test
- Is feeling of unreality a side effect of clomipramine?
- Random racing heart beat panic
- Pinched nerve skipped heart beats