Taking Copper T. Having unusual periods, bleeding when strained and back pain is severe. Is this because of Copper T?

I got my first boy baby on XXXXXXX 2011 and by September 2011 i put Copper T. Now for past 6 month i have unusal periods and getting bleeding if I strain and work. Back pain is severe. Is it because of Copper T or something else? I am not under any meditation
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 40 hours later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Yes it can be because of CUT but it is better to get it investigated before it's removal.These investigations include Haemoglobin level , ultrasound and pap's smear.
Anemia can cause the irregular periods as well as backache.
Any infection or PID can also cause backache.
Pap's smear is done to see the cervical status and ultrasound will tell the position of the IUCD inside the uterine cavity as well as the endometrial thickness which will guide us to differentiate between the causes.
It is better to take diet XXXXXXX in iron along with iron and calcium supplemets.
You can take a course of an antibiotic and pain killer under doctor's guidance.

Best wishes and good luck
Any further query is most welcome